With its tried-and-tested chassis, based on a robust sub-frame, Unimog can master the biggest of challenges in tough, everyday operations.
Advantages at a glance.
- Permanent all-wheel drive
- Portal axles enable good ground clearance
- High ride comfort
- Excellent axle articulation
- Differential locks on both axles.
- Tirecontrol plus – automatic adjustment of tyre pressure to suit varying terrain
All-wheel steering. Available on U423 to U530 models, optional rear-axle auxiliary steering reduces the turning circle by 20%. Four types of steering are available: normal steering, all-wheel steering, manual steering and offset track steering (or ‘crab steering’), which can help counteract downhill force. Only the rear wheels steer when reversing.